Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bad news from Bill

Guatemala team member Bill Baird relayed some sad news to us today:

Teammates - Regretfully I have to drop out of the Guatemala trip. I am flat on my back with a badly swollen leg which has been diagnosed as a ruptured Baker's cyst, probably a result of trying to keep up with my grandkids at Great Wolf Lodge. While it may be better by trip time, I don't want to take the risk with the extensive and exotic travel and I sure don't want to put any burden on anyone else. The good news is that my son-in-law John Kirk will be able to take my place. He is a Christian, speaks Spanish, is very handy, and is a good guy. His wife (my daughter) Sarah was on the 2010 MVPC Guatemala team. I will have all the Bibles and Kids' Packs and still hope to attend the packing meeting/dinner and I'll pack a bag for John. Bill

Bill, we are very sorry to hear this and we will miss you. Bill has been on four previous Guatemala missions and was no doubt looking forward to serving again. We will look forward to meeting John Kirk and it will be great to have someone who speaks Spanish along, as none of the rest of us do.

No comments:

Post a Comment